Thursday, November 13, 2008
read this read that read read read
Discoveries
You know in MSN, we usually put like these images like
the very famous smiley

or..

DID YOU KNOW THEY ARE CALLED EMOTICONS.
EmotiCons. OMG. I've always thought its emotions. I feel like such a noob shit. But seriously. I bet 90% of you also thought its emotions right.
I always spelt it as emotions when I ask from other msn buddies.
Aiyah. I feel quite fascinated. So clever right. Like emotions+icons= emoticons.
So do we pronounce it as E MO TI CONS or E MO TIC ONS or E MOT ICONS.
I shall go and find out soon.
-
I took a cab to school for 3 consectcutive days.
1 day uses up 7bucks.
3 days use up 21bucks.
I could have bought 7 packets of Tao Kae Noi.
):
Anyways. I think I always have lots of interesting cab rides conversations. If not, I would have weird drivers.
The other time, I took this SUPER UBER OLD LIKE WRINKLED CRAZY uncle's taxi. I was totally worried whether he knows where Temasek Polytechnic is. Or even if he really knows, I was hoping I can get to school safely. But oh my. I couldn't believe my eyes when he started driving to the expressway right away and he DOESN'T DRIVE LIKE A POKE. I swear. He's such a good driver. He started telling me about his grandson how he was given the chance to go to the express stream from normal academic in sec 1. But such a pity. He is one of those old fashioned uncle who thinks that polytechnics are for school-less kids. ): I tried explaining to him but he looks like he'll eat me up when I started. So I didn't continue. haha. ANYWAYS. I reached school like totally ON TIME and the cab fare was considered cheap. Yay. Don't judge old people ok.
So another encounter just yesterday, I told the taxi driver I want to go to Temasek Polytechnic. Then he started telling me he'll go the highway and it'll reach TAMPINES POLYCLINIC(which i thought he was referring to the path leading to tp). Then I told him he can actually go by the Ikea way because its faster.
AND HE STARTED ASKING ME, "DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR THAT IS. ARE YOU VERY RICH. HOW MUCH DO YOU USUALLY PAY."
ME, "err, $7?"
UNCLE, " *stares in disbelief* Which way you say again?"
ME, "Ikea? The temple there. Got straight road then turn left is Temasek Polytechnic already."
UNCLE, "WAIT. You want to go where ah?"
ME, "Temasek Polytechnic?"
UNCLE," OHHHHHHHHH. OKAY. I THOUGHT YOU WANT TO GO TO THE POLYCLINIC."
.....
After we reached the first traffic light...
UNCLE, " Go straight is it?"
ME, " No, go highway, less traffic lights."
UNCLE, "No here faster lah."
Traffic light turns green and he proceeded the way the wanted...
Me, *cannot do anything* "Aiyah. Anything lah."
UNCLE, "Believe me. Once this traffic light turns green ah all will hit green one. No worries."
* looks at the upcoming traffic light... turns red. *
ME, "So this one we hit red light, all the other also hit red lights is it."
*awkward silence*
Then the uncle started driving really fast and we started hitting green lights so it was very smooth. Then there was this curve...
Uncle looks at me from the mirror. Drives past the curve in high speed creating a screeching sound.
Turns to me and says, " You know what I just did? It's called skidding. *Grins* "
WAH LAU. Who the hell care whether you know how to skid or not lah. wtf. You are a taxi driver. You think you join F1 is it. So irresponsible. I hope he knocks into a tree someday.
And just this morning, I got into an old man's taxi again. This time, I got really irritated. The both of us were practically shouting at each other. My ears nearly went deaf. ):
Poor uncle. He still has to work at such an age. Pity. ):
I wonder how they remember so many different routes when their memory is prolly failling.
Oh well. haha. Weird encounters.
-
Hi I fell asleep after tuping that post. Myface abd right hgand has like pressed marks.i shall go and have a muchg more congy sleep now. I am typing with my rurds open to 0.1cm at vertain intervcalas.. i see lotsa spelling errors bu im too lazy jcan't be bothered i want to go to bed byebye./.
You know in MSN, we usually put like these images like
the very famous smiley
or..
DID YOU KNOW THEY ARE CALLED EMOTICONS.
EmotiCons. OMG. I've always thought its emotions. I feel like such a noob shit. But seriously. I bet 90% of you also thought its emotions right.
I always spelt it as emotions when I ask from other msn buddies.
Aiyah. I feel quite fascinated. So clever right. Like emotions+icons= emoticons.
So do we pronounce it as E MO TI CONS or E MO TIC ONS or E MOT ICONS.
I shall go and find out soon.
-
I took a cab to school for 3 consectcutive days.
1 day uses up 7bucks.
3 days use up 21bucks.
I could have bought 7 packets of Tao Kae Noi.
):
Anyways. I think I always have lots of interesting cab rides conversations. If not, I would have weird drivers.
The other time, I took this SUPER UBER OLD LIKE WRINKLED CRAZY uncle's taxi. I was totally worried whether he knows where Temasek Polytechnic is. Or even if he really knows, I was hoping I can get to school safely. But oh my. I couldn't believe my eyes when he started driving to the expressway right away and he DOESN'T DRIVE LIKE A POKE. I swear. He's such a good driver. He started telling me about his grandson how he was given the chance to go to the express stream from normal academic in sec 1. But such a pity. He is one of those old fashioned uncle who thinks that polytechnics are for school-less kids. ): I tried explaining to him but he looks like he'll eat me up when I started. So I didn't continue. haha. ANYWAYS. I reached school like totally ON TIME and the cab fare was considered cheap. Yay. Don't judge old people ok.
So another encounter just yesterday, I told the taxi driver I want to go to Temasek Polytechnic. Then he started telling me he'll go the highway and it'll reach TAMPINES POLYCLINIC(which i thought he was referring to the path leading to tp). Then I told him he can actually go by the Ikea way because its faster.
AND HE STARTED ASKING ME, "DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR THAT IS. ARE YOU VERY RICH. HOW MUCH DO YOU USUALLY PAY."
ME, "err, $7?"
UNCLE, " *stares in disbelief* Which way you say again?"
ME, "Ikea? The temple there. Got straight road then turn left is Temasek Polytechnic already."
UNCLE, "WAIT. You want to go where ah?"
ME, "Temasek Polytechnic?"
UNCLE," OHHHHHHHHH. OKAY. I THOUGHT YOU WANT TO GO TO THE POLYCLINIC."
.....
After we reached the first traffic light...
UNCLE, " Go straight is it?"
ME, " No, go highway, less traffic lights."
UNCLE, "No here faster lah."
Traffic light turns green and he proceeded the way the wanted...
Me, *cannot do anything* "Aiyah. Anything lah."
UNCLE, "Believe me. Once this traffic light turns green ah all will hit green one. No worries."
* looks at the upcoming traffic light... turns red. *
ME, "So this one we hit red light, all the other also hit red lights is it."
*awkward silence*
Then the uncle started driving really fast and we started hitting green lights so it was very smooth. Then there was this curve...
Uncle looks at me from the mirror. Drives past the curve in high speed creating a screeching sound.
Turns to me and says, " You know what I just did? It's called skidding. *Grins* "
WAH LAU. Who the hell care whether you know how to skid or not lah. wtf. You are a taxi driver. You think you join F1 is it. So irresponsible. I hope he knocks into a tree someday.
And just this morning, I got into an old man's taxi again. This time, I got really irritated. The both of us were practically shouting at each other. My ears nearly went deaf. ):
Poor uncle. He still has to work at such an age. Pity. ):
I wonder how they remember so many different routes when their memory is prolly failling.
Oh well. haha. Weird encounters.
-
Hi I fell asleep after tuping that post. Myface abd right hgand has like pressed marks.i shall go and have a muchg more congy sleep now. I am typing with my rurds open to 0.1cm at vertain intervcalas.. i see lotsa spelling errors bu im too lazy jcan't be bothered i want to go to bed byebye./.
Jiahui hops off.
12:16 AM
